Last Updated: April 30, 2020
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including the following key categories and types of personal information:
- Contact information: Name, alias, email address and phone number.
- Professional or employment-related information: Professional and employment information collected from employment online profiles, such as LinkedIn and other information shared by you, including resume, description of professional accomplishments and responses the user may have shared with Amazon or its affiliates (collectively “Amazon”) during the application and hiring process and hiring outcomes. Through the following, we may collect certain information such as your salary range, education, current or past job history and performance and credentials.
- Geolocation data: The general region or area from which you access our Services.
- Internet or other online activity: Referral channels that led you to our Services (i.e., Google Ads), browsing and click history and information about how you navigate our Services.
- Inferences: Based on the categories above, we may infer information about you, including your address, age, gender, marital status and other demographic information, immigration status (based on your application with Amazon), behavior profile and your application status with Amazon.
How we use collected information
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve customer service. We use your contact information, employment-related information and various inferences described above to answer your questions and respond to your requests, provide you the Services and improve and maintain functionality of our Services.
- For analytical purposes. We use your internet activity, browsing history and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- For relevant updates, marketing and promotional purposes. We use your contact information, employment-related information and various inferences described above to send you relevant, articles, blog posts, newsletters, podcasts and other information we think may be relevant to you. We may also use your hiring outcome and report your success in an anonymized and aggregate way to promote and market our Services.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- Directly. We collect personal information directly from you.
- Passively. We and our service providers collect personal information from you passively from the Internet and other automatic data collection tools, such as cookies and web beacons, which are summarized below:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Tracking Tools. We use the following tracking tools:
- Google Analytics and Adwords: We use Google tools such as Google Analytics and Google Adwords to understand how users use our website. This includes looking at where a visitor comes from and where they go when they leave our site. Google Analytics provides an opt-out for its tool here.
- Teachable: We also use platforms such as Teachable to track IP addresses to understand more about our visitors
- Other tracking tools: We may deploy other automatic tracking tools in the future. Similar to the tools we currently use, such future tracking tools will track data about our visitors only in the aggregate and on an anonymized basis and will not reveal personal information about you.
When we share your personal information with third parties
- With service providers who do things on our behalf. For example, we will share information with vendors and contractors who conduct email marketing for us or who assist us with developing and providing the Services and customer support. Such service providers may reside outside of the United States and in countries that may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of the United States.
- With partners for research and data purposes in connection with developing and improving the Services. We may share your information with third party partners who help us in developing and improving the Services. Information shared for such purpose shall be anonymized and the third parties in which we share such information shall be subject to non-disclosure obligations.
- With third parties as directed by you. We may share your information with third parties with your consent or as requested by you.
- In accordance with applicable law. We may share your information with the appropriate authorities if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- In connection with sale of the Company. In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer your personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
We do not sell your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
Third party links and websites
Our Services may contain advertising, links or other content from the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties (collectively, the “Third-Party Services”). We do not control the content or links that appear on these Third-Party Services and are not responsible for the practices employed by such Third-Party Services. In addition, these Third-Party Services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interacting on any of these Third-Party Services are subject to such Third-Party Services’ own terms and policies.
Our Content on Third-Party Services
Our Services may be provided on or hosted on the platform of Third-Party Services, including Teachable, Udemy and other platforms. Similar to our disclaimer above, we do not control the content or links that appear on these Third-Party Services and are not responsible for the practices employed by such Third-Party Services. Your browsing and interacting on any of these Third-Party Services are subject to such Third-Party Services’ own terms and policies.
You have certain choices on how we treat your personal information, described below:
- Modifications to Personal Information. You may review and request modifications to your personal information by contacting us at hello[email protected].
- Marketing Communications. You can opt-out of promotional marketing emails by contacting us at [email protected]. We may give choices about other emails and communications you receive from us. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business.
- Location and Analytics. If we use third party services (i.e., Google Analytics) to automatically collect your personal information, such third party services may offer you a choice to stop the automatic collection of your information. Please see our “How we collect your personal information” above with respect to our tracking tools.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set by default to accept cookies. You can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note if you choose to reject, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Where your information is stored
We store your information in the United States. However we may transfer your information to our service providers who may reside in other countries.
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information you submit to use will be transferred to the United States and you consent to this transfer. If you reside in the European Union (the “EU”), we will transfer your personal information pursuant to EU data protection laws. You understand that the United States may not provide the same level of protections as the laws in your country.
How long we keep your information
We retain, store and use your information for least amount of time necessary for our relationship with you and to provide you access to our Services and in accordance with data retention policies and applicable law.
Our Services are not intended for children
Our Services is not directed to children under the age of 13 and under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information, including personal information, from children. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected such information from children, then we will promptly delete it. If you believe we have mistakenly collected information from children listed above, please contact us at [email protected].
Information for European Economic Area Residents
For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Your California privacy rights
If you are a California resident, California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Services to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and to opt-out of sharing your personal information with such third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
You also have additional privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). This includes the right to request what personal information we have collected, used and disclosed about you as well as the identity of the third parties to which we have disclosed your personal information. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information. Please note that we may not delete all of your information if: (1) we need it to complete a service as requested by you or perform under a contract we have with you; (2) we need such information to repair any errors to our Services or detect data security violations; or (3) we need such information to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law. Please note that if we delete your personal information, we may not be able to provide you the Services with the same functionality.
To make any request for personal information or deletion under CCPA, please send an email to [email protected].
You Can Contact Us