How to respond to "What is your Biggest Professional Failure?"
1. Own your failure: Be vocally self-critical and don't point fingers.
2. Quantify your failure: Be specific about how much revenue you lost or what were other quantifiable costs of your failure.
3. Give a different example where you won: Provide a different example, where you used the learnings from your failure to achieve a positive outcome.
4. Link your earlier failure with your more recent success: Explain clearly why you wouldn't have succeeded without the learnings from your prior failure.
How NOT TO respond to "What is your Biggest Professional Failure?"
1. Beat yourself up: Keep going on about what a poor job you did.
2. Say that you don't have a big failure: We all have made big mistakes and it's always better to be truthful about it.
3. Say that your biggest failure is something trivial: Don't offer a small mistake (or an overused strength) as a big failure, because you risk being labeled as someone who "rests and vests."
Enroll in The Essential Course to Prepare for the Amazon Interview, to find out more.
OUR CUSTOMER OUTCOMES